Have you heard about Threading?
What is “eyebrow threading”?
Eyebrow threading is an ancient hair-removal technique, practised for centuries among the most beautiful women of Asia and the Middle East. It is the best alternative to waxing and tweezing. This method creates a graceful brow with clean, well-defined edges that frame the eye.
How does threading work?
Our threading therapist takes a thin cotton thread and twists it into a double strand, which then is swept along the skin. With rhythmic – almost hypnotic – movement, the unwanted hairs are secured in the thread and lifted from the follicle with precision and finesse.
Is eyebrow threading painful?
Many of our customers agree that threading causes less discomfort than waxing. Because it targets individual hairs, threading keeps skin irritation to a minimum. Excessive pulling on delicate skin around the eyes is eliminated, and for those sensitive to waxing products, there is no exposure to irritants or heat.
How long does threading take?
A simple eyebrow threading can take just 5-7 minutes. The upper lip takes about 3 minutes; a full face thread takes about 15-20 minutes.
Is threading better than waxing?
Yes threading is known to be a superior option to tweezing, sugaring or waxing. This eastern method of hair removal eliminates the chance of your coming in contact with wax that is too hot for tender facial skin. Hair is removed from the root so there’s less of that “grow-back factor.” This extends the time between salon visits, saving time and money and maintenance in front of the mirror! …And, because of the precision involved, “threaders” can hone their artistry, creating perfect brows for everyone’s unique face shape and personality.
What’s the main benefit of threading vs. other hair removal method?
Threading’s main benefit is the manner in which the eyebrow is shaped-not just from underneath, but also from the top. One of the major drawbacks of tweezing, especially when done at home, is that it’s easy to remove the wrong hairs, creating holes or divots in the shape of the brow. Certain thicker hairs on the bottom line of the brow act as supportive “scaffolding” for the entire brow, so if you inadvertently remove the wrong hairs, the whole shape collapses. Then you are left with trying to camouflage your mistake until the hairs grow back. Threading eliminates this common mishap.
Benefits of Threading:
• Less messy and time consuming than waxing.
• 100% natural; no artificial waxes, chemicals or invasive techniques used
• Hair does not grow back as fast.
• The skin doesn’t usually get red and irritated.
• Threading can target individual hairs.
• Hair only needs to grow just above the skin to get threaded.
• Over time, hair becomes finer and more sparse.
• Threading will pick up the finest hairs from the surface of the skin.
• Excellent option for those who use RetinA, and Accutane.
• 100% suitable for skin that is too sensitive for waxing or laser hair removal
• Many people who breakout from waxing tend not to breakout from threading